# Meta Search
# Specialty Search
# People/Business Search
# General Search
# Web Directories
# US Government
# Search Portals
# URL submition
# Web Site SEO
# Google SEO
# Ad Brokers
# Web Site Analytics
# Online Payments
Related YoLinux Tutorials:
°Linux Sys Admin
°Web Server Configuration
°Search Engine Review
°YoLinux Tutorials Index
|Compilation / Meta Search Portals:
|Specialty Search Portals:
|Search People/Business Portals:
|Directories, Lists and Indexes:
|Jobs/Corporate Info Portals:
Never ever go to JobWarehouse.com!!!! They sell their list to spammers!!!
They tried to sell their list to me.
|Search Portals: (My attempt at being complete)
ISEDN.org: Comprehensive list of search engines and directories.
|Submit URL's to Search Engines:
Despite the hype from submission companies that they will
submit your site weekly, there is no need to submit your site more than
once. (unless it is dropped)
Be precise and brief (a sentence or two) in the description field.
The description should include a key search word one might use to find
Search Engine Submit links:
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Promotion:
Google Site Maps: spider info
Ranking Tools and info:
SEO blogs and info:
|Google Optimization Tips:
- Spiderability: Your site must be easily searchable by the Google spider/crawler.
- All pages should be accessible within three clicks of the home page.
- List pages Google has spidered with the following Google search: site:www.yourdomain.com
- List pages Google has cached with the following Google search: cache:www.yourdomain.com
- Focus article on key word topic: If your article has little focus, it will be hard for the Google indexing engine to determine what your article is about. If it remains focused on a topic using key words relating to that topic, then your page will rank higher for that topic.
- Title tag: The words in the title should reflect the topic of the web page. Each page should have a unique title.
- Heading Tags: Placement of target phrases and words within the heading tags helps to establish the importance of those words.
- Meta Description Tag: Used occasionally by Google as the description which appears in the actual search results. Each page on your site should have its own unique description tag.
- Meta Keyword Tag: Not very relavent for Google. It should reflect the topic of the web page.
- Keyword Density: Again, if your article is focused on a single subject, it will ultimately cause you to include a higher number of keywords and help you rank higher. Synonyms count.
- Domain name encorporates key word: If the key searchword is included in the domain name, it reveals to Google that the focus of the site itself is about the search word. This goes beyond the focus of a web page. Keep your web site information focused.
- Keywords used in a URL: If keywords are used in the file name or directory name, it helps to emphasize the focus of your article.
- Image Alt Text: Text used in the image "alt" tag helps determine the topic of the page and its ranking for a given key word.
- Host your website on a reliable server with sufficient uptime.
- Do not place duplicate content on your website. Do not duplicate your own pages or the pages of other websites.
- Link Anchor Text: This is the actual text you clíck on as part of a link. This is important for the sites which link to you and the value assigned to that link. This is also true when considering surrounding text. When the content around the link is also relevant, the link holds slightly more value.
- Links to your web site will improve your page rank and traffic: This is the strongest influence on your ranking and is at the heart of the search patent upon which Google was founded. Other relavent web sites are preferred, but the following are also helpful:
See who links to you with the Google search: link:www.yourdomain.com
- Forum Posts
- Guest Books
- Blog Comments
- Web Articles
- Press Rleases
- Reciprocal Links: Beware of emails from sites which boast that they have posted a link to your site. It is often on a page which is a hidden link and can not be traversed to via the web.
- Links from established web sites: Links from the following sites will also help improve traffic:
- List of Web Directories
- Use Google webmaster tools:
Google has released an SEO guide: Google SEO Starter Guide
For a complete listing of Ad Networks, Ad Exchanges, Ad Optimization services and other internet advertising information, see the YoLinux Internet Online Advertising tutorial.
|Web Site Metrics and Analysis:
|Online Payments, e-Commerce and transaction services: