berkeley_db_svc [-Vv] [-h home]
[-I seconds] [-L file] [-t seconds] [-T seconds]
The berkeley_db_svc utility is the Berkeley DB RPC server.
The options are as follows:
- Set the default idle timeout for client environments to the specified
number of seconds. The default timeout is 24 hours.
- Log the execution of the berkeley_db_svc utility to the specified file in the
following format, where ### is the process ID, and the date
is the time the utility was started.
This file will be removed if the berkeley_db_svc utility exits gracefully.
berkeley_db_svc: ### Wed Jun 15 01:23:45 EDT 1995
- Set the default timeout for client resources (idle transactions and
cursors) to the specified number of seconds. When the timeout expires,
if the resource is a transaction, it is aborted; if the resource is a
cursor, it is closed. The default timeout is 5 minutes.
- Set the maximum timeout allowed for client resources. The default
timeout is 20 minutes. If a client application requests a server
timeout greater than the maximum timeout set for this server, the
client's timeout will be capped at the maximum timeout value.
- Write the library version number to the standard output, and exit.
The berkeley_db_svc utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs.
- If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable
DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home, as described
Copyright (c) 1996,2008 Oracle. All rights reserved.